With this data protection declaration we would like to inform you about the type, scope and purpose of processing personal data on our website. Personal data are all data that have a personal reference to you, e.g. name, address, e-mail address or user behaviour. Who is responsible for data processing in our company
Responsible for the data processing is:
IZT – Institute for Futures Studies and Technology Assessment
Phone: +49 (0) 30 80 30 88-0
Fax: +49 (0) 30 80 30 88-88
We use an internet service provider to maintain our online presence, on whose server the website is stored (hosting) and which makes our website available on the internet. In doing so, the internet service provider processes contact data, content data, contract data, usage data, inventory data, meta and communication data on our behalf. Name and address of the internet service provider: wint.global GmbH In der Steele 35, 40599 Düsseldorf Germany You can view its data protection regulations
Legal basis: The internet service provider processes the above-mentioned data on our behalf, Art. 28 DSGVO. The data processing is based on our legitimate interest in an efficient and secure provision of our Internet offer, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) DSGVO.
If you use our website for informational purposes only, our internet service provider only collects the personal data that the browser you use transmits to its server. These are the following data:
- IP address
- the date and time of access to our website
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Access status (HTTP status)
- the amount of data transferred
- the Internet service provider of the accessing system
- the type of browser you use and its version
- the operating system you use
- the website from which you may have accessed our website
- the pages or sub-pages that you visit on our website.
The aforementioned data is stored as log files on the servers of our Internet service provider. This is necessary in order to be able to display the website on the end device used by you and to ensure stability and security. In the above-mentioned purposes lies our legitimate interest in data processing. Legal basis:
The data processing is based on our legitimate interest in an efficient and secure provision of our Internet offer, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) DSGVO. Duration:
The above data for the provision of our website will be stored for a period of 7 days and then deleted. Information on the contact details we keep available
If you contact us via e-mail, social media, telephone, fax, post, our contact form or in any other way and provide us with personal data such as your name, telephone number or e-mail address or provide further information about your person or your request, this data will be stored and processed by our company to process your request. Legal basis:
If you submit your inquiry within the framework of contractual or pre-contractual relations with us, the legal basis for the processing of your data is Art. 6 Par. 1 lit. b. DSGVO. If your enquiry does not fall into one of the aforementioned categories, our legitimate interest in processing your data is to answer your enquiry properly and in your interest, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f. DSGVO. Deletion:
The personal data collected by us will be deleted if they are no longer required. We review the necessity every 2 years. You can also revoke the data processing at any time. Your rights under the DSGVO
According to the DSGVO, you are entitled to the rights listed below, which you can assert at any time with the person responsible named in section 1 of this data protection declaration:
Right of withdrawal
- Right to information: In accordance with Art. 15 DSGVO, you can request confirmation as to whether and which of your personal data we are processing. In addition, you may request from us, free of charge, information on the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right of correction, deletion, restriction of processing or opposition, the existence of a right of appeal, as well as the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us. Furthermore, you have the right of information as to whether your personal data has been transferred to a third country or to an international organisation. If this is the case, you have the right to obtain information about the appropriate guarantees in connection with the transfer.
- Right of rectification: In accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO, you can request the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us and concerning you.
- Right to deletion: In accordance with Art. 17 DSGVO, you have the right to request the deletion of your personal data stored with us, as long as we do not require their processing for the following purposes:
◦ to fulfil a legal obligation,
◦ to assert, exercise or defend legal claims,
◦ to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, or
◦ for reasons of public interest as referred to in Art. 17 para. 3 lit. c and d DSGVO.
- Right to limitation: In accordance with Art. 18 DSGVO, you have the right to request limitation of the processing of your personal data if:
◦ the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, for a period of time that allows us to verify the accuracy of the personal data,
◦ the processing of your data is unlawful, but you refuse to have it deleted and instead demand that the use of the data be restricted,
◦ we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you need the data to assert, exercise or defend legal claims
◦ you have lodged an objection to the processing of your data in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO, but it has not yet been established whether the legitimate reasons which entitle us to further processing outweigh your rights despite your objection.
- Right of information: If you have asserted the right to rectification, erasure or limitation of processing against us, we are obliged to inform all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been disclosed of the rectification or erasure of the data or the limitation of processing, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed by us about these recipients.
- Right to data transferability: In accordance with Art. 20 DSGVO, you may request that we receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or request that it be transferred to another responsible party.
- Right of complaint: Under Art. 77 DSGVO you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority. To do so, you can contact the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence, your place of work or our company headquarters.
According to Art. 7 para. 3 DSGVO you have the right to revoke your consent to the processing of your data at any time. The revocation declared by you does not change the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data up to the revocation.Right of objection
You have the right to object at any time, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to the processing of personal data relating to you on the basis of a balancing of interests (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO). This is particularly the case if the data processing is not necessary for the performance of a contract. If you make use of your right to object, we ask you to explain the reasons. We will then no longer process your personal data unless we can prove to you that compelling reasons for data processing worthy of protection outweigh your interests and rights.Irrespective of the above, you have the right at any time to object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes.
Please send your objection to the contact address of the person responsible given above. YouTube
We use components of YouTube, a service of YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA, on this website. YouTube, LLC is a subsidiary of Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, USA.
The use of Youtube enables us to embed various videos and clips that are made available on the internet platform www.youtube.
After a page or subpage of our website is called up on which such an embedding has taken place, the Internet browser used by you is prompted to download video components of the respective embedded video or clip. During your visit to our website and its sub-pages, both YouTube and Google are informed which page or sub-pages you have called up by transmitting your IP address to Google's external servers in the USA. This information is transmitted regardless of whether the videos or clips displayed are actually viewed or clicked on, or whether you are logged into your YouTube or Google account. Google is a participant in the Privacy-Shield Agreement and is certified for data processing according to European standards. This information is collected and associated with your Google Account, if you are logged in when you visit the site. Purpose:
The use of the YouTube components on our website is to provide you with videos and clips from www.youtube.de
on our website for viewing and interaction purposes. Legal basis:
We use Youtube because of our legitimate interest in the optimization and design of our online offer, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. Prevention:
You can prevent data transfer at any time by logging out of your YouTube account or by setting an opt-out cookie under the following link https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated
after logging into your Google account by clicking the logout button. Information about the third party provider:
Registered office within the EU: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
Google Web Fonts
On our website we use "Google Web Fonts", a service of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
The service enables us to integrate the display of external fonts (web fonts) into the design of our website and to output them correctly when displaying the website. This gives us certain design options that we can use to make the design of our website more user-friendly. The integration of these web fonts is done by a server call. From this server the fonts are delivered compressed to your browser and unpacked there. This server is regularly located in the USA. If you visit one of our pages on which we integrate Google Fonts, it is transmitted to Google which of our Internet pages you have visited. In addition, the IP address of the browser of the visitor's end device is stored by Google. Purpose:
The above-mentioned interests represent the purpose of using Google Web Fonts. Legal basis:
We use Google Web Fonts because of our legitimate interest in the optimisation and design of our online offer, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO.Information about the third party provider:
Registered office within the EU: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. fonts.com
For the uniform presentation of fonts on our website, we use fonts.com, an online font service of Monotype GmbH, Werner-Reimers-Straße 2-4, 61352 Bad Homburg, Germany.
By using this service, we have certain design options available to us, which we hope will make the design of our website more user-friendly. The integration of these online fonts is done by a server call at fonts.com. From this server, the fonts are delivered compressed to your browser and unpacked there. When you visit one of our pages where we integrate the online fonts from fonts.com, the server tells fonts.com which of our Internet pages you have visited. Your IP address is also transmitted to the servers of fonts.com. Purpose:
The aforementioned interests represent the purpose of using Google Web Fonts. Legal basis:
We use fonts.com because of our legitimate interest in the optimization and design of our online offer, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. Further information about the online fonts we use via fonts.com can be found at https://www.fonts.com/info/legal
We also take technical and organizational security measures in accordance with the state of the art in order to comply with the provisions of the data protection laws and to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorized access by third parties.
Up-to-dateness and amendment of this data protection declaration
This data protection declaration is currently valid and has the status of April 2020. Due to changed legal or official requirements it may be necessary to adapt this data protection declaration.
This data protection declaration was created with the help of SOS Recht. You can find the data protection declaration generator here. SOS Recht is an offer from Mueller.legal Rechtsanwälte Partnerschaft, based in Berlin.